Hey there!
I know I haven't been updating blog and I'm really sorry. I can't even find a reason why I didn't, however here I am! Now that I'm a high schooler everything is more complicated nowadays. Maybe that's the reason I couldn't find time to update my blog... All in all, I've got lots and lots and lots of things to say like: strange courses like geography, math and history kill me! I just make some sort of pillow with my books (don't even ask if it works or not because in courses like that you can even sleep on a wild crocodile and feel like you are sleeping in the softest bed ever made) and croon all lesson long. Now we are in the exam week and it's even worse. This is the question I've been asking myself since the day we started learning "logic" in math: Why on earth we need to know logic?! It's THE most ironic topic that I've EVER learned. It's called "logic" but makes no sense at all. My teacher says that math is based on this topic and people use it to make all the electronic devices we know bla bla bla bla. Actually it's not hard but when I come across a question like [ ( ∀ x ∈ N, x² = 3x ≥ 0 ) ] ⇔ [ ( ∃ x ∈ N, x = 5) ]' I do nothing but stop and stare. Here is the answer: {[ ( ∃ x ∈ N, x² = 3x < 0 ) ] ∨ [ ( ∃ x ∈ N, x = 5) ]} ∧ {[(∀ x ∈ N, x ≠ 5) ] ∨ [ ( ∀ x ∈ N, x² = 3x ≥ 0 ) ] }. I believe there is nothing left to say. I admit that it is really simple but this-is-not-math. The "Math" I know is done with numbers. You add, subtract, multiply, divide, take the square root, find the sin/cos/tan e.t. but you calculate them all with NUMBERS not strange letters that mean "there exists at least...". I'm just sick of school, especially maths (clearly). My 7th grade maths teacher Mr. Johnson(*) had told us that maths was for lazy people, maths made life easier. He is right however "logic" even turns my sweetest dreams into a nightmares that make me want to wake up screeming in agony. Even though my math exam about logic was great I don't understand why we learn it. As my Turkish teacher Mr. Tuncer said today "Math is the most important thing you learn in school." (we asked him if he understood maths or liked it he answered both of the questions saying: "of course not").
I feel relieved :) I have been wanting to say these all along! Now I can enjoy reading Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice". It's raining now and I'm curled under the coziest blanket in the universe so it's the best time to read a book. Oops one thing missing! A warm cup of hot chocolate... Gotta go now guys and gals, bye bye for today!
Frizzy ;)
(*) You know the the saying "You don't know what you got untill it's gone" right? Well, now I understand why Mr. Johnson was such a great teacher because high school math teachers are worse than TORTURE.
No comments:
Post a Comment