Just what I needed. My school was closed today, as I said yesterday and my best friend had promised me to come to our new house. We met downtown, went to Cook Shop to eat something and bought some new year presents for our friends. I got my best friend 2 fish. One of her friend already got her one but he was too lonely in his tiny aquarium all by his own. So my gift was actually for Tezcan(that's what she calls her tiny little companion).
After we were done with the new-years shopping, we went to the theatre to see a new-release Turkish movie. It was called Başka Dilde Aşk. I'm not sure what the English version of the title is but it means love in another language. It was about a woman and a deaf man's love and how hard they survived their relationship. Everyone around them, their friends and both of their families were against their relationship however they were altruistic enough to be ignorant about their flaws. It was a great love story, just like the other movie we watched today.
After we got home we prepared ourselves a great meal. Actually my best friend did the most work, she is going to be a cook in the future. After our humble meal we watched Jeux D'enfants. It was truly comic and the second best love story I ever saw. (The Notebook is the best I've ever seen) I bursted into tears when I thought Julien was dead and I didn't stop until the very end. Emira was watching the movie for the 20th time (at least) so all she did was to laugh at me and hit me with pillows 'til I stopped crying.
Both of us were in the mood of crying and the emotional scenes of Jeux D'enfants wasn't enough for us so we decided to watch Babam ve Oğlum. It was a tragic movie about the broken relationships of a family. I strongly recommend you to watch it. Click here for the synopsis. We cried the last 20-25 minutes of the movie. Our desperate situation was quite ridiculous. Emira fell asleep during the movie. When I started crying out loud, my strange sniffing woke her up and she started crying as she woke up. Both of us were making strange noises and crying so bad that you would think that someone had died. Lucky was sleeping and when he heard us he ran toward us and started barking barking and barking. I thought he would never stop. Think of it this way: The movie is still not finished and the volume is at maximum, there you have the actor screaming "My boy!", two funny looking teenage girls crying their eyes out plus a crazy, wild, cat-size dog barking and trying to jump on them. If you ever see a situation like this, run away, quick.
Now, all the crying has stopped and were just laughing about what just happened. Crying was made me feel good, like a relief. I wasn't sad or anything but it just felt good. Our eyes has shrunk due to the heavy crying session and we are in the desperate need of sleep. I wonder, after watching 3 movies what will we dream about tonight? Arrivederci!
No comments:
Post a Comment