I'm at my dad's right now(we made up a couple of days ago). The house has changed a lot since I last saw it. It was like a huge pile of mess stuffed in little rooms before, now it looks like a proper house. I'll be living for the next 4 days. I'll be studying most of the time, so you don't call that living.
Yesterday I woke up at 11.55 a.m., I was lost in my crazy dreams again. After breakfast I went over to my friends' place to study geography. I didn't listen geography once since the school started and I absolutely hate geography. It's not because of my teacher or anything else, I'm just not interested in the subject. I want to be a doctor when I grow up and how are maps going to help me in the future? My dad, on the other side, says that he loved geography and it is fun. Weird. While studying I realized that I have lots and lots of studying to do...
Anyway, last night I went to the cinema with mom. We saw 7 Kocalı Hürmüz(it's a new Turkish movie). It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Here is the plot outline : The story takes place in the late 1800s, Istanbul, Taşkasap. Hürmüz is a widow who gets married illegally to 6 different men who have different professions. Each of her husbands visit her a different day of the week. They buy her gifts and she solves her economic problems by using their money. However Hürmüz fells in love with the doctor of the city. With her peculiar friend Safinaz's help, she makes up a fake disease and invites the doctor to her court. The doctor fells in love with her... But as her all of her husbands visit her house the same night, Hürmüz and Safinaz find themselves in a complex, funny situation. Hürmüz's ambition is to make a marriage based on love, so she has to get rid of all of her husbands before the doctor finds it out. With their superior intelligence and cunning skills Hürmüz and Safinaz smoothly get out of this situation. After all Hürmüz overcomes the obstacles, the doctor and Hürmüz gets married....
Today I met my friend Tulya downtown and we went to a special cafe together. The special thing about this cafe is: it is a fortune-telling cafe. I mean, of course "the cafe" doesn't tell your fortune, the fortune tellers that work there tell your fortune. We don't believe in what the fortune-tellers say, it's just for fun. Fala inanma falsız kalma anacım. Anyway, my friends Emira and Yonca was there as well. The fortune teller told me that: My feeling will be jumbled in a while because there will be lots of love-talk going on around me. I won't have a serious relationship until august but I'll be seeing people. (As I said before I don't believe in fortune-telling. Nobody knows or decides your fortune but yourself. This was just for fun.) That was the only thing she said about love, the rest was about my academic future. She said that I'll be living apart with my mom or dad, I'll be living in a foreign country. This year will be a good year for me, but I should study more. She said that I don't care about school enough. She said that the age 17 will be an important year for me. The things she said was pretty nice and at the end she said : "Why did you come here, everything goes well in your life and everything will be nice in the future." ( I better believe in that.)
So that was basically what I did the past 2 days. Now I'm going to read a book or watch Grey's Anatomy. Arrivederci!
Hürmüz = Hormus
The story of 7 Kocalı Hürmüz is told by Aesop.
No comments:
Post a Comment